Recovery Rising is a recovery community providing peer-based recovery support services for anyone affected by addiction and striving for recovery.
Recovery Rising will provide the following services:
- Peer Recovery Support services offered by Virginia Certified Peer Recovery Specialists for groups and individuals;
- Education and training for community groups, law enforcement, churches, civic groups, schools, and businesses wanting to learn more about the power of recovery and the nature of addiction;
- Advocacy support to assist communities in moving to a “Public Health Model” from a “criminal justice model” for promoting recovery and treating addiction as well as working with the court systems, law enforcement, religious communities, schools and businesses to identify needs and solutions and how Communities can promote recovery;
- Resources for recovery, relapse prevention, and community advocacy;
- A Recovery Housing Program scheduled for late 2018; e.
- Technical Assistance for groups and organizations wanting to start a Recovery Housing Program; and
- The Guidebook for Recovery Living (available by now) – this is a proactive lifestyle guidebook focusing on building a lasting foundation for long-term recovery. This guidebook will be available for recovery centers, treatment centers, recovery housing programs, community groups and individuals.