Recovery Rising is a recovery community providing peer-based training, education, advocacy, and resources for anyone affected by addiction and striving for recovery.
Recovery Rising will provide the following services:
- Peer-based recovery support, both one to one and groups;
- Education and training for community groups, law enforcement, churches, civic groups, schools, businesses and individuals wanting to learn more about the power of recovery and the nature of addiction;
- The Guidebook for Recovery Living (available by July 2017) – this is a proactive lifestyle guidebook focusing on building a lasting foundation for long-term recovery. This guidebook will be available for recovery centers, treatment centers, recovery housing programs, community groups and individuals. The Guidebook for Recovery Living includes such topics as: Individual Recovery Plans; Relapse Prevention; Building a Recovery Support Community; Women’s Needs; Parenting; Family Reconciliation; Employment & Training Needs; Financial Literacy; Addressing Legal Issues; Community Service; Restitution and Restorative Justice; Nutrition/Wellness/Yoga/Tai Chi and more.
- A Transitional Recovery Housing Program sometime in the 2018;
- Technical Assistance for groups and organizations wanting to start a Recovery Housing Program;
- Advocacy support to assist communities in moving to a “Public Health Model” from a “criminal justice model” for promoting recovery and treating addiction as well as working with the court systems, law enforcement, religious communities, schools and businesses to identify needs and solutions and how Communities can promote recovery;
- Online and face-to-face resources for recovery, relapse prevention, and community advocacy.
- And eventually a Community Recovery Center that will house and promote recovery, wellness, offer classes and be a fully functioning food cafe and meeting space.